10 July 2010

XTC Mixtape

To be honest, the reason it's taken me so long to get around to uploading the tracklisting for this mixtape, for Swindon New Wavers XTC, is that I haven't been able to find a decent profile photo of the band to go along with it, who seem instead to have all but disappeared from the face of the internet (or, more likely, been drowned under a sea of other sites trying to sell me party pills).

That aside, they cracked out some of the best pop records of the 70s and 80s, combining impressive musical subtlety with comforting pop sensibilities. Needless to say, I immediately regretted not taking their career-retrospective singles collection, Fossil Fuel, away to New Zealand with me, and listening to it again was among my top priorities on my return.

All of the following songs are singles, and so can be found on the aforementioned compilation CD set, and so I haven't listed the original releases after each song like I usually do.
  1. This Is Pop
  2. The Mayor Of Simpleton
  3. Senses Working Overtime
  4. Statue Of Liberty
  5. Wake Up
  6. Are You Receiving Me?
  7. The Meeting Place
  8. Life Begins At The Hop
  9. Grass
  10. Science Friction
  11. Making Plans For Nigel
  12. Dear God
  13. The Ballad Of Peter Pumpkinhead

No comments:

Post a Comment