13 January 2010

Den Som Läser Detta Är Snygg (Swedish Playlist)

A few years ago I totally got into Swedish music, and as a direct consequence of this sudden and harmless shift in my musical preference, the amount of Swedish music in my collection increased by about 4000%. I had been toying with hand-picking my favourite songs to go onto numerous playlists for some time, but this particular selection is the set I picked for a CD I sent to Emily last year.

It shows off the unique brand of wintery AlternPop-TweeRock that Swedes pull off so well.

  1. Hemstad - 'Patrik Sjöberg' (Hemstad)
  2. Hello Saferide - 'My Best Friend' (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  3. Maia Hirasawa - 'And I Found This Boy' (Though, I'm Just Me)
  4. Laakso - 'Aussie Girl' (I Miss You, I'm Pregnant)
  5. Billie the Vision & the Dancers - 'A Beautiful Night In Oslo' (Where the Ocean Meets My Hand)
  6. Lasse Lindh - 'Vilse i Det Svarta' (Jag Tyckte Jag Var Glad)
  7. Frida Hyvönen - 'Once I Was a Serene Teenaged Child' (Until Death Comes)
  8. El Perro del Mar - 'Dog' (El Perro del Mar)
  9. Bo Kaspers Orkester - 'Undantag' (Hittills)
  10. My darling YOU! - 'LAST4EVER' (The Winter Will Take Us All)
  11. Florence Valentine - 'Pokerkväll i Vårby Gård' (Pokerkväll i Vårby Gård)
  12. Säkert! - 'Sanningsdan' (Säkert!)
  13. Marit Bergman - 'You're With Me' (Baby Dry Your Eye)
  14. Jens Lekman - 'You Can Call Me Al [live]' (Radio P3 Session)
  15. Håkan Hellström - 'Äntligen På Väg' (Luften Bor i Mina Steg)
  16. Anna Ternheim - 'I'll Follow You Tonight' (Somebody Outside)
  17. Cardigans - 'Carnival' (Life)

For more, check out the Swedes Please blog, which I've been reading ever since my interest in Swedish music was sparked; it's a veritable treasure trove of all the latest nuggets of wonder from Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment