19 January 2010

Eels Mixtape

Not too much to say about this one. I've always held Daisies of the Galaxy and Beautiful Freak in high regard (as you can probably tell by the track selection), while Souljacker and Shootenanny! have taken a little longer for me to grasp. Nonetheless, there are plenty of amazing Eels songs to choose from for a playlist, and I like the contrast between E's very delicate utterances and his flat-out rockers, both of which are fully represented here.

  1. I Write the B-Sides (Rotten World Blues EP)
  2. That's Not Really Funny (Souljacker)
  3. Tiger In My Tank (Daisies of the Galaxy)
  4. I Like Birds (Daisies of the Galaxy)
  5. My Beloved Monster (Beautiful Freak)
  6. Your Lucky Day In Hell (Beautiful Freak)
  7. It's a Motherfucker (Daisies of the Galaxy)
  8. Souljacker, Part II (Souljacker)
  9. Hey Man (Now You're Really Living) (Blinking Lights and Other Revelations)
  10. The Sound of Fear (Daisies of the Galaxy)
  11. Guest List (Beautiful Freak)
  12. Jeannie's Diary (Daisies of the Galaxy)
  13. Friendly Ghost (Souljacker)
  14. Novocaine For the Soul (Beautiful Freak)
  15. A Daisy Through Concrete (Daisies of the Galaxy)

Incidentally, the new Eels record, End Times, comes out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment