22 February 2010

Hello Saferide Mixtape

Continuing on the Swedish Pop trend I started with my Swedish Playlist a while ago, a more detailed look at one of the artists featured back then: Hello Saferide.

With songs revolving around the universal experiences and sentiments of one Annika Norlin, and pepped up with a catchy hook or two to complete the package, Hello Saferide is very much a product and spokesperson of the confusion of today's young-adult. Her songs draw inspiration from internet stalking and pen-pals, living with OCD, talking in the middle of Seinfeld, and planning to give someone an iPod nano for Christmas, all the while searching for the love of someone who ticks all the boxes.

  1. If I Don't Write This Song, Someone I Love Will Die (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  2. I Was Definitely Made For These Times (I Was Definitely Made For These Times CD Single)
  3. San Francisco (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  4. 2006 (Would You Let Me Play This EP 10 Times a Day?)
  5. I Don't Sleep Well (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  6. I Wonder Who is Like This One (More Modern Short Stories From Hello Saferide)
  7. I Can't Believe It's Not Love! (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  8. The Best Night of Your Life (Would You Let Me Play This EP 10 Times a Day?)
  9. Saturday Nights (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  10. Anna (More Modern Short Stories From Hello Saferide)
  11. My Best Friend (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  12. iPod Xmas
  13. The Quiz (Would You Let Me Play This EP 10 Times a Day?)
  14. Get Sick Soon (Introducing...Hello Saferide)
  15. Middle Class (More Modern Short Stories From Hello Saferide)

No comments:

Post a Comment